What is the PDA?
- PDA stands for ‘Public Display Authority’
- Air Officer Commanding 1 Group, Air Vice-Marshall Harv Smyth will award it to 1 Gp display assets.
- These include the Typhoon Display Team and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
What does being awarded PDA mean?
- It’s the culmination of many months of hard work (commonly referred to as the ‘work-up’), training and planning and is a very prestigious occasion but not without its pressures.
- The teams must present a polished and above all safe flying display to satisfy the AOC that they are fit to conduct the display season. See where the Typhoon Display Pilot will be this season here.
- Once awarded, the teams can wear their display team flying suits. Usually black but red or blue for the Red Arrows pilots and their ‘circus’.
The Red Arrows are currently in their final stage of their work-up which they complete on operation Spring Hawk in Greece, read more about that here.
Love Aviation? Love ASALI.
Celebrate your love for aviation with one of our beautiful leather gifts, personalisation is FREE in May, use code PN19 at the checkout. Shop the military range.
Our non-aviation range meets the same high standards and is also made from genuine leather. Find a gift for some who loves you, just not the ‘planes’….